PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

allowing type race leaders to have limited moderation power

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade
Suggestion Title: allowing type race leaders to have VERY LIMITED moderation power. Suggestion Content: in my opinion, type race leaders should be allowed to directly deal with rulebreaking TO A POINT. things that are very easily solvable like double posting could be fixed with a simple pm, ESPECIALLY if the host is online to see it happen. essentially, here's what i'm thinking: > person A is type race leader. person B is a participant in the thread. > person B double posts. > person A is then able to send them a pm advising them that double posting is not allowed according to the forum rules and to not do it again. > if person B was to double post again, THEN the leader would report them to a moderator. of course, this power would only extend to their specific type race thread. they wouldnt be given access to any tools that actual mods have. they will simply be allowed to deal with simple rule breaks in the thread themselves to free up time for the actual mods. type race leaders should be able to pm about: > double posting. > spam messages (posting every single special hatch, several irrelevant congratulatory messages, etc) > trading that goes against the rules. with the trading rules being so much easier to understand now, anyone who's selling or buying summons for example could be warned with a simple message. Positive points: - unclogs the report system - that i can only assume is very busy during type race - allowing moderators to deal with more pressing issues. - gives moderators more time in general, as i know they're very busy. - allows issues to be dealt with in a more timely manner. Negative points: - some people may abuse this power (but if it's limited, i don't think it should be too much of an issue.) Reason For Consideration: currently, type race leaders do not have any moderating power, they have to report rulebreaking. i understand why, but i can't help but feel a little bit bad any time i host when i have to report someone for something as simple as double posting. it seems like a waste of the mod team's time to have to go through and filter every single simple break. i understand if this isn't able to happen, but i thought i would try to explain myself anyway.
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
This thread will be moved to rejected. The Moderation Team do not have any plans to allow users to warn others about rule breaks. We have an internal process to track certain rule infractions and the result of each warning may escalate based on how often a rule is broken within short succession. If a user handles these types of rule breaks they are not aware of the current level of discipline the user they are contacting may be on. Additionally, if a warning is given by a user, the rulebreaking content will remain in the thread until a moderator can remove it. If the moderation team is not made aware of rulebreaking content through the report system, how can they know what to remove? And if a Type Race leader sends a PM about the rulebreaking post and another user will report it, the person who broke the rules will be told off twice. Under our rules on respect we don't allow mini-modding and Type Race leaders will get no exception to that rule. However we do highly encourage Type Race leaders to link to the type race rules/site rules in the initial thread if they wish. Proactively educating others on rules before anyone breaks a rule is totally fine. It's only responding to rule breaks that would cause issue.
Icon by me!
Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade
eh, fair enough. thought i might as well try. meant no disrespect with this suggestion, just throwing it out there.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page