PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Adding Delta Outlines to Mini Sprites

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

POLL: Do you support this suggestion?

Total votes: 37

You must be logged in to vote.

Noahverse's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNoahverse
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Suggestion Title: Adding Delta Outlines to Mini Sprites Suggestion Summary: I propose to add the Delta outline to the mini sprites, so that instead of this:
No Delta outlines
We'd get this:
normal.png
fire.png
water.png
electric.png
grass.png
ice.png
fighting.png
poison.png
ground.png
flying.png
psychic.png
bug.png
rock.png
ghost.png
dragon.png
dark.png
steel.png
fairy.png
Delta outlines
I did see this similar rejected suggestion, but it was barebones, only applied to the shelter, and there was no staff discussion on why it was rejected; my suggestion is global. My apologies if I missed other threads or discussions about this! Positive points: Feature parity between PC and mobile players as to what can be seen at a glance; totems, paradoxes, specials, etc. all have recognizable mini sprites, why not Deltas? No need to rely on third-party scripts or tediously checking Pokemon one by one, whether your own or others', to see whether they're Delta or to check their Delta typing. Negative points: May or may not break/need to change the [pkmn] tag? And if delta outlines are hand drawn, that's gonna take a while. It would be, what, 30,114 images to create? Hope you use Photoshop Actions or similar! But other than that, I really can't say! Reason For Consideration: I, and many others I'm sure, mainly play on mobile devices, and the only way you can tell a Pokémon in your fields is a Delta is by tapping on it to see it's summary. It's a disadvantage and an inconvenience while browsing through other users's UFT fields or admiring your own collection. Sure, QoL can highlight Deltas for you, but it can't tell you what type of Delta it is (and if your goal is admiring your collection, enjoy that big yellow glow obscuring the view!).
Delta preview code adapted from Mirzam (permission)

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

v-fairy.pngfairy.png: 8558 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
Quarteuchre's AvatarQuarteuchre
arceus.pngd.png
i support this! now, i know that its nigh-impossible to see delta auras on mini-sprites because it’s simply not there, and allowing us to see this would be great! like you mentioned, qol can highlight it, but the glow is less appealing than just seeing the delta as it is :D mobile users (like me!) especially are inconvenienced because of those always-mini-sprites. the qol glow can be rather…overwhelming, lol. personally, that’s probably going to also reduce accidental releases of delta pokémon. qol can highlight, but not everyone wants to use qol, and that’s a personal choice to respect! other than that, if it’s a regular delta accidentally put in a release field, that’s not gonna be noticed at all on mini-sprites. i know that its up to the player themselves to be careful, but if its truly by accident, a misclick on the screen of the mobile phone, one cannot really blame them for the accidental release. especially if you’ve got a delta’d party and you’re shifting regulars and deltas to different fields, it can be a bit easy to send the delta to a release field and not notice. we’re all human, after all! but i digress. i’d love to see this implemented, if possible, because that would make delta collections of mini-sprites easier to see, and to admire :D my words might be long-winded and a little confusing, maybe? but i hope it got my absolute support for this <3

quartz | any pronouns | minor

resident pan living in the kitchen
journal ≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫credits

credits

code @RAINB0W forum icon @me signature pagedoll @glitch on twitter [f2u] pixel divider @racbuc2436 on wordpress [f2u]
type race score; fairy.png 0
Oh support 100%!! As someone who absolutely ADORES collecting deltas, being on mobile and sprites being small by default, It would genuinly look so much nicer with the outline! I also think if there are delta mini-sprites, that they may also be a pkmn code to go with if it's possible?
  • About
  • Links
  • Credits
Mango/Llionare | 17 | He/They/Joltik | Artist who thinks of train men 24/7

u.pngField clicks appreciated! | Current hunt: Sneaslets! h.png
Journal |Pms/trades:❌|Trade shop
Music recommendation:Rising Kingdom by Captainsparklez/TryHardNinja
Name: Kudari <3 Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Pfp by King-Psycholyze (Free to use.)
Bug clan button made by Iona.
Electric clan button made by MochaFox.
Bump!
Bump!
Bump
Bump!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page