PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make "V~Wave" use each type before repeating

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

crotanite's Avatarcrotanite
Suggestion Title: Make "V~Wave" use each type before repeating. Suggestion Summary: Change V~Wave to use each type once in a random order before repeating. There are 18 types which would mean a type would appear approx once every 18 days. Positive points: * If you are hatching a chain, you would know you are going to get a V~Wave once within at least 3 weeks. * The V~Wave for 11th Feb '24 - 14th Feb '24, during a typerace is rock, ground, rock, ground. This would remove the unfair advantage these teams have. * During a typerace, knowing different V~Waves are going to happen encourages hatching a wider variety of eggs. Negative points: * Getting a V~Wave multiple times in quick succession when hatching a chain can be a massive boost. Reason For Consideration: * Fairer gameplay and balancing odds. EDIT: Alternative idea, have it so a type can only appear once a week and then put it back into the rotation.
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
No support, I think V-wave is a nice little random thing and most of the time I see it is a fairly unique sequence. Sometimes we have iterations of double types, but I think that is also something that is nice as well. Additionally, what you suggest doesn't entirely remove the 'issue' of a 'rock-ground-rock-ground' or 'ground-ground' issue. Even with a 18 day cycle, it'd still be possible for these to show up e.g. 17th: rock => 18th: ground => 1st rock => 2nd ground Or even 18th: rock => 1st: rock I think people will always feel unconsious bias against their hunt if their v-wave doesn't show up (as often) for their hunt, but over the long term it likely does even out fairly (I have no data to support this, however) Finally, I think most TR teams have a dual type with rock/ground as well so they can still utilize the v-wave bonus if they want.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Compare old Tetris where the pieces were fully random, to modern Tetris where the 7-bag is used instead. Both of them yield the same overall odds of each piece, but the 7-bag has less variance and more reliability. The V~Wave is supposed to be varying and unreliable, therefore it will remain fully random.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page