PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Private Market Trades / Password Requirements

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Kyubiisaan's AvatarKyubiisaan
Suggestion Title: Private Market Trades / Password Option Suggestion Summary: Add an option to attach a password to a market trade. I have seen mass item trades suggested and rejected many times. Part of the reason why is because you can manually trade 5 items at a time, or use the Market to make large transactions. I'm seeking to keep this as an option, but also, introduce the option to put a password on a market purchase. This allows people to make quick, private sales of large numbers of an individual item without having to make multiple trades. How this is done: Player A wants to trade 100 Large Water Gems to Player B for X currency. Player A lists a private trade to player B on the market for a single credit, locks the trade behind a password, and upon payment the password is given. Positive points: Allows for individual items to be sold quickly, in large numbers, to a single user. This is something that is greatly wanted, but hard to implement without reworking the trade system. The solution, in my suggestion, is to bypass trading and use the market as sort of an invoice system. Negative points: People would maybe take advantage of this or something, but if your market sale has a password nobody knows, how will you make any money? Reason For Consideration: There is a strong need for trading large quanities of items, but this cannot be done efficiently via trading. This could possibly be a remedy that doesn't require a rework of the trade system. Just adding a code only known between those users would help security and efficiency without relying on the trade system and its clunkiness.
"It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains." - Assata Shakur
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp
This seems like a good idea, but may I suggest something? There is a chance of too many users not finishing the trades and the seller leaving them up by accident, thus clogging the market with unsellable things. So how about password-locked items are automatically taken down after 2 days? The items are returned to the seller, but Doug keeps the 5%, because of course he does, he's a jerk. /j What do you think, Kyubiisaan?
Avatar made by me, for my use only. Please click this guy!
Not a bad tweak. I don't want the market to become overrun with these trades, so if they were either limited to how many you could have, that would work. They could also be something that is only visible to a particular person. Sort of like an invoice, a private subsecton of the market. It could be entirely public. How it's done, I'm not sure.
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp
Hm, maybe not? Might be too much to code. Maybe private trades just have a little locked symbol next to them, and when you hover over it it shows the name of the intended buyer? [And yeah, while making a locked trade you input the name of your intended buyer. So they know which trade is for them if there are several locked ones for the same item.] And a trade limit is good. Like trade slots.
I'm going to chime in with something else. Perhaps Private Market Trades are only visible to the person selected? For example, Person A wants to trade to Person B. They would select the "private trade" option and put in the username. That way, only the selected person can see the trade in the Market. Maybe even a notif?
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
StarlessSky's AvatarStarlessSky
No support, sorry. Isn’t the whole point of the market to sell to the entire player base?
Avatar made for me by VanillaDemon of my OC. Made by angelatos! Sky; She/her; I am the kind of person to quote verbatim from Jane Eyre. Unprompted. In text conversations. Beware. ^^My first shiny hatched
Kmastersmash's AvatarKmastersmash
No, Sounds pretty dirty like a black market
Avatar by pokemoon and kmastersmash

QUOTE originally posted by StarlessSky

No support, sorry. Isn’t the whole point of the market to sell to the entire player base?
This wouldn't replace the regular market, it would just let people have the option to add a password, so they don't have to bother trading hundreds of items at once. If everyone locked their trades, nothing would sell, so this feature would in theory only be used for individuals making specific trades of large items. The actual market would still exist.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The trade centre would have had the capability to trade more items at once, but the aggressive rejection left me unwilling to proceed with it, and as time has passed and more features got added to the game, it is no longer feasible to implement it without some game-balance-breaking changes. This suggestion aims to bypass limitations by hijacking a public feature for private use, and I cannot agree with that concept. If there is a particular type of item you would like to be able to trade more easily, I can consider adding a "packaging" option for that particular case (eg. Medium Gems, Box Boxes...), but this suggestion as written is not something I'm willing to accept.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If there is a particular type of item you would like to be able to trade more easily, I can consider adding a "packaging" option for that particular case (eg. Medium Gems, Box Boxes...), but this suggestion as written is not something I'm willing to accept.
Supplier Passes, for one :D
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page