PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Toggle old/new sprites for Specials

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Boreialis's AvatarBoreialis
Allow a function to toggle revamp/old sprite for a Melanistic/Albino Suggestion Summary: I recently got a Unova melanistic. I found out the sprites were being revamped so I checked the old ones and found I'd have prefered the colours of that version to the melanistic sprite the site currently uses. This is entirely a matter of personal taste, but for such a rare pokemon it's a shame I can't have that old sprite back when I love it so much more. Positive points: • Uses existing art. • Allows valuable/time consuming pokemon to be customised to be more preferable to the user. • Does not affect rarity, can be reversed. • Encourages users to hunt for Melanistic/Albino pokemon. • May be implemented as an item to change the colour, bought for GP/ZC to give something back to the site. • Users that hunted melans before the revamp may be able to get their original sprite back, if they'd like. Negative points: • Coding. I am not a coder, but if this is not already similar to an existing function then a lot of complex coding would need to be added. I'd love to hear from those knowledgeable if this function is similar enough to a current mechanic which would help to code it. • Keeping all the images stored on the site may be overwhelming to Sally or costly to host. • Could lead to scams? People advertising a special/unobtainable colour. The icons indicating it is Melanistic/Albino should help prevent this. • May make the revamp seem obsolete to some. I disagree with this though, as some sprites do need improvements whilst others don't as much. And again, it's completely personal choice which to use, old, or updated. Reason For Consideration: • Melanistic and Albino pokemon are a huge draw of the site. Most players spend their time and purchase currency in order to fund hunts. Allowing a choice to make the pokemon more appealing may bring back hunters, or encourage new ones. • Similar to above, a lot of the economy and revenue comes from trading or buying summon items, day care passes etc to get eggs to hunt. Encouraging hunts improves the activity. • Allows us to still appreciate the hard work of all the artists and sprites made for the site. • A cooldown to the item can be added to avoid overwhelming Sally or prevent any possible abuse of the feature. Disclaimers: • I in no way intend to insult or criticise the work of the site's artists. I'm aware lots of time and creativity went into each and every sprite, and I greatly appreciate that! There is nothing wrong with either form of the sprites, purely personal preference. • I'm new to this site, as you can probably guess (sorry!), so I am not sure how coding, updates or sprites work in depth. Therefore, I'm fully open to any criticism because it is very likely I forgot or didn't know something important! It also means I may have missed a similar existing suggestion, so I'm sorry about that!
Rage Feathers
92/400
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
On a personal level, I would love this as a feature for the site. Unfortunately, it's previously been rejected multiple times. As said by Amanome in the latter thread, the current colours "work better than" the previous colours.

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

My apologies, but this won't be a feature we'll be adding to PFQ. Artists update the sprites as they expand their skills and discover colors that work better than others while also following their consistency rules.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Boreialis's AvatarBoreialis
Oh thank you for letting me know. It's a shame, I hope they reconsider one day. Because in some cases even if the sprites are better suited to what they want Melanistics to look like, the colours aren't always very nice and the combinations can be clashing, but again it's personal opinion no hate to the artists.
Enbees's AvatarEnbees
I know this has been rejected multiple times, including this thread, but honestly, I think it's an auto-rejection that needs to be heavily reconsidered. (Unless the way that recolors are handled is altered entirely.) Even looking through the previous ones and the response to this, people repeatedly say they wish it existed even if they recognize it has been rejected previously. Honestly, with full respect to staff, while the CSS is a good alternative, I honestly think there's a problem that isn't being acknowledged when things like this are repeatedly asked for and user feedback with regard to recolors doesn't seem to be taken into account except for rare instances. It really doesn't seem like it's a "loud minority" that is looking for at least more transparency and potentially user input with regard to recolors.
Current Type Race score = 2766
Saving for Memory Stick!
672/200
All art by me.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page