PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Report Categories

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Suggestion Title: Report Categories Suggestion Summary: When reporting a user, have the possibility to select a category for it, for example "SPAM/double-posting", "disrespectful", "not appropriate", "suspected cheating", etcetera. Positive points: Hopefully, this will allow the moderation team to see at a glance which reports deal with which topics, and hopefully it will help them if certain reports need to be prioritised over others. In a recent thread, Niet made the following comment. And inferring from this post alone, it sounds as if reports are being handled in the order of which they arrive, and/or in the order of which things get reported the most. And I do agree that part of the responsibility should be on us as users to report things when necessary, but in times when that doesn't happen (eg, users are unsure if something actually breaks the rules or not, it happens in a slow forum nobody really checks or a fast thread that keeps moving too fast), maybe a "category" system like this could help.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The team can only do this if things are brought to their attention, but... they weren't. There were only two reports, no more than that, which is hardly an extraordinary situation: it happens very often that two different people happen to report the same double-post, for example, and they will get dealt with in the order they arrive. If, however, a larger number of users had reported it, it would be noticed much more urgently and may have been dealt with sooner.
Negative points: It could be mis-used, people mislabelling reports as more serious things just to get their reports handled sooner. There may be other negative points I haven't realised yet. Reason For Consideration: To hopefully assist the moderation team in keeping the site a fun and friendly place.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Has it been enough time for a bump?
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I genuinely thought I had responded to this, but apparently not! Sorry about that. I like this idea. A lot. There are, however, some technical limitations I will need to figure out. See... the "reports" system is just piggybacking on the "forum" system. Internally the thread title is an internal code thing that somehow allows the system to know who's being reported -- I don't even remember how it works any more! I will need to take some time to figure out how to encode more than just the reported user, in order to encode the category of report. Shouldn't be too difficult, mind you, just... time-consuming.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page