PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Salty's Guide to Pokerus Hunting

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Edit: I thought I checked all the guides to see if another one like this exists, oops. If this gets merged with Selocon's guide, no problem! I should have looked a little harder for another thread on this. Greetings! This is my first time writing a guide, so bare with me. Within this guide you'll find some tips and tricks to make pokerus hunting slightly less miserable. Before we get into my personal advice, Rokon's guide to intensive mass-clicking is required reading. Read this if you haven't already and then come back. First, is my strategy for mass-clicking quickly. I use the keyboard and bounce between the number keys above the letters, and the number pad by the arrow keys. One hand is dedicated to numbers 1-5, the other is dedicated to pressing A and D or the left and right arrow keys to go to the next field. Make sure you switch hands every so often. If you're mass-clicking with your right a lot, switch to the left hand so your wrist can rest. Take a break every so often and stretch your wrists! We all want those 15 minutes of egg-hatching madness, but it isn't worth giving yourself carpal tunnel or tendonitis. Put your health first. Do not continue mass-clicking through pain or discomfort. If you have a wrist brace, wearing it during mass-clicking sessions can help. If you don't have a wrist brace, wrist rests are another option. Okay, we've covered the safety stuff. Now onto actual tips to help you get Pokerus. Take note of who often has it and add these people to a clicklist. For frequent hosts with large fields, I start a 'rus hunting session by clicking about half of their fields when they don't have 'rus and do the rest when they get it. That way when that person does get 'rus, you'll already be halfway done and finishing up while others are scrambling to click all those Pokemon in 15 minutes. Set yourself up to have the best chances early. Tip 2: Disregard berry preferences in unsorted fields. Pokerus isn't based on how many preferred berry interactions you make. You have the best chances if you give the most interactions. If fields aren't sorted by berry pref, I just pick one at random and stick with it. No offense meant to people who don't sort their fields by berry pref. I don't do it to be mean, it's all about saving time. Tip 3: If you finish all the fields and have some time left before 'rus changes hosts, keep party clicking the host. More interactions=more chances of being picked as host. Tip 4: If you are able to, it helps to hunt 'rus outside of the most active hours. Less people trying for it means less competition, but also less interactions for you when you get it. This is helpful if you want to compete the "get pokerus x amount of times" tasks. Tip 5:

QUOTE originally posted by MaliciousScorpio

if your on ipad or lapbook best use QoL to compress all the buttons into one space so you can spam click with your fingers, only works on parties and not fields unfortunately
Lastly, don't give up. Take breaks, but don't give up entirely. 'Rus is RNG-based. I get it, it's frustrating when you're investing thousands upon thousands of clicks and not getting 'rus. What keeps me going is getting credits for it, all the eggs I hatch while trying, and all the gems I'm getting from it. Only thing you can do is keep trying and hope RNG is on your side. If anybody has other tips, feel free to comment and I'll add them here! Good luck!
Avatar drawn by me Art shop here!
if your on ipad or lapbook best use QoL to compress all the buttons into one space so you can spam click with your fingers, only works on parties and not fields unfortunately
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."
Been a few months, but I'll add this tip to the main post. Thanks!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page