PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Standardize Tournament during Type Race

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

KaidaMcWoomy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKaidaMcWoomy
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
This is my first time suggesting something so hopefully I am doing this right >_< I looked through the different subforums and didn't see this so I think it's okay to post but please let me know if I missed it. Title: Standardize Tournament During Type Race Summary: Have a standard tournament that runs during type race week so that way people don't have to choose between supporting the tournament or supporting their type race team. Reasons for Consideration: So with type races more often than not coinciding with a tournament, I think that it would be a good idea to have a "standard" one for type race weeks. While normally the tournament theme and the type race don't have conflicting goals, there are times where that hasn't been the case. For example, I can remember one time the weekly tournament was something like "hatch a specific body type" and then it had to be changed because not all types have said body type. That brings me to the subject of this week's tournament: hatch a variety of eggs. While it's a great tournament most of the time, the disitribution of egg types isn't exactly fair and equitable between the different types, and some types have a large number of 10K+ point eggs and/or summon item eggs. I picked out ten types and sumarized them below in a table:

Egg Type Distribution Chart

Type # of Eggs # of 10k+ Eggs % of 10k+ Eggs^ # of Hatches to get Hard Goal*
Fighting 33 9 27% 303
Ice 34 5 15% 294
Dragon 35 24 69% 285
Ground 35 5 14% 285
Steel 33 10 33% 303
Bug 49 4 8% 159
Psychic 63 23 37% 60
Water 83 13 16% 60
Grass 56 5 9% 96
Normal 79 11 14% 60
*This assumes that you hatch one of every unique egg for the type and then fill out the rest of the hatches with duplicates of the same type ^ Percentages rounded to the nearest whole percent
So I feel like this particular tournament is unfair to have during the type race. Someone on team dragon is going to have a markedly more difficult time getting to the hard goal (especially considering many of their eggs require summon items) without hatching types other than dragon, while someone on team normal doesn't have to choose between helping their team and reaching the tournament goal. Additionally there are other tournaments that have similar issues (the body-type tournament, color-hatching tournaments, and hatching POTD) that normally aren't a problem but can be during the typerace. The following tournaments I feel are good for having during the type race due to being fair between the teams:
  1. Hatch Eggs: instead of doing the "variety" egg-hatching tournament, just have it be the one where you hatch lots of eggs. This removes the inequalities between the teams regarding egg type distribution
  2. Scour Tournaments: completely different goal, but the kind of egg you're hatching for the type race doesn't affect your tournament score
  3. Berry Tournament: again, what you're hatching doesn't affect your tournament score
I'm not saying that these are perfect tournaments, just that these ones remove any sort of inequalities between the teams. Ideally having it just be the "hatch lots of eggs" tournament would be the best since it aligns with the goal of type race without the issues that the "variety" variant causes. Positive Points - makes reaching the goals in the tournaments take roughly the same amount of effort regardless of type race team - people on teams with not a lot of a certain type/color/body type don't have to make the choice between doing type race and doing the tournament - makes things more fair/equitable between the teams, especially ones that have fewer eggs and/or lots of summon item eggs - a lot of people do special hunts for type race, they wouldn't have to choose between their hunts and the tournament - Staff would no longer have to change a tournament due to their not being Pokemon of a specific color/shape in a type Negative Points: - S/A/M hunters have to make this choice every tournament that involves hatching and may feel slighted if it is only changed for type race and not all the time - Not everyone likes the berry/scour tournaments - Doing berry and/or scour tournaments technically puts newer players at a disadvantage since they don't have all the slots and/or field spots, so doing those tournaments would be less equitable towards them - I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to program since I know nothing about programming If anyone else has positive or negative points to add please let me know and I will put it in this post (with credit, obviously)
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: b.png r.png Current Hunt: b.png k.png with a 2954 chain Type Race: dragon.png 1008
shadowofzeref's Avatarhypermode-12.pngshadowofzeref
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png
Full support! I was actually just talking to my fiancé last night about the difficulty of the current tournament with the ongoing Type Race. Maybe a possible idea is to have it be the same goal as Type Race (hatch your corresponding team's type), but either 1 point per egg or the same points per egg you'd get for Type Race (except you're being scored as an individual).
MajikkanCat's AvatarMajikkanCat
grandmaster.pnge+.png
You're completely right! I know what you mean. Trying to reach the Hard goal, while my Team is relying on all of us, does make me feel kind of not great. On the other hand, "variety of eggs" is by far my favourite Tournament type since it lets me hatch new Exclusives and Variants, and even new regions when those turn up. I'm probably not the only one who feels that way or uses them for that. It would be an awful shame if that type of Tournament were to disappear entirely! ~Cat~
Avatar by me picturing Mewvee (Pokémon fusion OC)
Shiny Stone

Shiny Stone

Evolution Stone

(item.png: 0)

A bright stone that shines with a dazzling light.

Sells for 1,500

Lv. 100 — +423,344
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(item.png: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +346,730
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature

QUOTE originally posted by MajikkanCat

You're completely right! I know what you mean. Trying to reach the Hard goal, while my Team is relying on all of us, does make me feel kind of not great. On the other hand, "variety of eggs" is by far my favourite Tournament type since it lets me hatch new Exclusives and Variants, and even new regions when those turn up. I'm probably not the only one who feels that way or uses them for that. It would be an awful shame if that type of Tournament were to disappear entirely! ~Cat~
I'm not saying get rid of the tournament completely - just make it so that way this particular one doesn't run during type race. So it'd still be an option for other weeks. It's one of my favorites too since it gives me breaks from shiny hunts, just...not fun during type race
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
I will see what's possible. No promises right now but I'll look into it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I will see what's possible. No promises right now but I'll look into it.
omg ty so much for considering it Niet ^_^ You're the best :) And no worries if it's not possible or anything like that, I know zilch about programming so I have no idea how hard this would be

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page