PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Item: Soothe Bells

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

ICEBÜNN's Avatarhypermode-12.pngICEBÜNN
graphics.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
Suggestion Title: Item: Soothe Bells Suggestion Summary: In canon games, there is an item called a soothe bell. If you aren’t familiar with it, a soothe bell is an item that increases happiness. Or, to quote the fandom wiki: “The Soothe Bell is an item which, when given to a Pokémon to hold, will double the amount of happiness it gains. This can make certain Pokémon evolve faster.” Or, to quote the game itself:

Are you someone who shiny hunts and breeds for your eggs? Are you someone who dex trades, or trades your Pokémon a lot? Do you need to get your Pokémons’ happiness up more quickly and automatically, but are annoyed at the need to put it in a separate field instead of the one you want/need to put it in? You would benefit from a soothe bell. The soothe bell will have the same effects as a field in which a Pokémon has typing of (ex. A fire type Pokémon in a fire type field). This can also stack with the effects of the fields themselves, thus making the maximum happiness rate increase. A soothe bell on Pokefarm Q can be obtained in the same manner as any account upgrade (like the white/black flutes or the red gigaremo), as it is a somewhat powerful item, and can be bought via the Daycare page. Optional: If extra features need or want to be added, another beneficial use would be to keep a Pokémon’s happiness when trading. So when a Pokémon is traded holding a soothe bell, it retains its current happiness level. Positive points: - Adds more ways to boost Pokémon happiness, which can already be frustratingly slow and tedious. - Can speed up idle happiness growth beyond the current fastest rate. - Users who like to keep their fields organized don’t have to move every Pokémon they need to idly gain happiness to a completely different field. - Happiness RTE Pokemon are now readily available to evolve upon trade if holding said item, which provides economic opportunities. Negative points: - Due to the scarcity of gold poke, it might not be a good option to add it as a gold poke purchase. Maybe as a credit purchase instead? - It can only be put on one Pokémon at a time. Of course, solving this could be to buy many of them so that users can speed up the happiness growth of more Pokémon. Reason For Consideration: Keeping up your Pokémons’ happiness can be tedious. Happiness resets whenever they go through a trade, it goes down when using the red gigaremo, when it’s in a bad type of field, and Pokémon require happiness to evolve. It also takes many days to get a Pokémon’s happiness up to a decent level without using sweet hearts, which can also be tedious and annoying. With a soothe bell on your Pokémon, you don’t have to worry about putting it in a specific field and losing track of it, or stuffing all your RTEs full of sweet hearts one by one. It isn’t for everyone, but for those that have to deal with keeping up their Pokémons’ happiness it would be immensely helpful to have.
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
QuirkyRabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngQuirkyRabbit
graphics.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

So when a Pokémon is traded holding a soothe bell, it retains its current happiness level.
I'm confused by this bit. So is the soothe bell a held item or an account upgrade? Account upgrades like the radars, shelter pass, daycare exp boosters, trade center expansions etc, are not usually given to Pokemon to hold unless you're selling them. Or maybe they're more like Everstones? In that case it would make more sense for them to be abundant and for everyone using them to probably have multiples. The price of this item would definitely depend on that (the permanent version would surely cost more) so I think it's important to clarify.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
ICEBÜNN's Avatarhypermode-12.pngICEBÜNN
graphics.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by QuirkyRabbit

So when a Pokémon is traded holding a soothe bell, it retains its current happiness level.
I'm confused by this bit. So is the soothe bell a held item or an account upgrade? Account upgrades like the radars, shelter pass, daycare exp boosters, trade center expansions etc, are not usually given to Pokemon to hold unless you're selling them. Or maybe they're more like Everstones? In that case it would make more sense for them to be abundant and for everyone using them to probably have multiples. The price of this item would definitely depend on that (the permanent version would surely cost more) so I think it's important to clarify.
I apologize. What I mean is that it should probably be sold in the same manner as account upgrades. Rather than being found in boxes or in scour missions like evolution or forme-change items are, they should be bought from a page like, say, the Daycare page (the Daycare page was suggested because happiness plays into breeding, so it seems to fit there best). Why? Because it’s basically a “field for one,” without fields involved at all. If it has the same properties as a field that gives happiness points to a Pokemon of that type, then it’s comparable in value to a field (not saying that it is AS valuable as a field, just comparable). Fields get quite expensive the more you buy (as does buying new type fields). Two users I’ve chatted with recently have mentioned that their new fields cost over 2 million credits EACH (a lot, compared to only a few hundred for your first ones at the start of the game). It likely won’t be cheaper to buy 40 soothe bells than one specific type field until you have a lot of fields, but that wouldn’t be the only use of course. What users would most likely do with the item would be to: - stack the effect by giving a Pokemon a soothe bell AND putting them in a type field at the same time - buy them for special Pokemon that they dex trade - trading happiness evo Pokemon (which is big, users currently have to make Pokemon happy themselves. This will allow for happiness RTE to be sold like regular RTE Pokemon) - using them on Pokemon to be able to put them in any field they want without risk of them losing happiness. ^That alone is a lot of new possibilities and a lot of new uses. It adds new ways for people to gain and keep happiness, so it seems comparable in value, at least, to an account upgrade. It’s like how shiny/uber charms make shiny hunting a little easier, the red gigaremo makes breeding easier, and the lucky/super lucky eggs make exp clicking easier. They’re super useful, but made too abundant/cheap and it would be too easy and would too severely alter the game and market. If it’s made to be as abundant as other forme-change items, it should at least be made a temporary item that only lasts for a certain number of happiness points. But that would make it just like another happiness consumable item, which we already have a lot of (sweet hearts, Easter eggs, lovely soups). And I am not proposing a new happiness consumable item, but rather a new kind of item entirely. To add an easier way to gain happiness, not just more consumable options.
I’ve edited the main post to cause less confusion.
MegaPlays's AvatarMegaPlays
grandmaster.pngd.png
I'm honestly surprised that the Soothe Bell hasn't already been a thing. I hope this gets approved cuz raising happiness is a real pain, especially considering how it is much easier to do so in the official games.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
grandmaster.pngb.png
I'm leaning towards no support. Forgive me if I've misunderstood the suggestion, I could've easily misread something. But if this item can only be used on one Pokémon at a time and acts as a small boost, then where's the practicality in using it to increase happiness when compared to the mechanics already on site? If I need to quickly evolve a Pokémon then I'll give it a bunch of Sweet Hearts and evolve it. I can easily buy 99 of them for just over 1000 Credits and they're easy to obtain during the Valentines event. Keeping in mind that the Soothe Bell would be treated more as an account upgrade, it will likely be valued at more than 1000 Credits (unless initial buying price is lower, like the Everstone) and so I'd personally go for the Sweet Hearts first. If I need to evolve a group of Pokémon then I'll put 40 in a field and wait a few days. Otherwise I'd need to buy 40 Soothe Bells, equip them to each Pokémon and once they've evolved I'd need to remove/deselect all 40 of them and that extra hassle feels needless to me. (I will clarify, I don't trade for RTE Pokémon. I just use the shelter + interactions for meeting the Wishforge requirements. I'm aware this is a very tedious way to go about it but I'd rather just dump Pokémon in a field and forget about them for a while. XD) If it also shouldn't negate the side effects of Red Gigaremo, otherwise you're getting the boosts from the item with no downside. A better suggestion in this specific case would be to fix the notification target to accurately alert if a Pokémon's target happiness has reached a lower happiness. (which it doesn't do correctly) and that way it's easier to manually maintain the happiness of your Daycare Pokémon. Fields do indeed get pricey but we now have the option to change the field type without needing to empty the field, which is cheaper than buying a new field. If you're at a point when you're spending 2mil on a field, then I'd argue you're in a position to dedicate fields to just RTE's and just swap them out as you need them. I currently have 110 fields and my 111th field would cost me 162,200 Credits. There's plenty of fields to choose from between 162k and 2mil. I can see the Soothe Bell for being good for 'locking' the happiness, especially when trading Pokémon since trading resets happiness. I think it would be very practical for dex trades but that's really the only unique use I could see for this item and I don't know if that alone would make it worth implementing.
  • Featured PKMN
  • Site Events
  • Links etc.
Lv. 52 — 3,765 / 8,269
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
v-water.png 374 z-normal.png x 5 gem_normal.png × 3117 4.pngCurrent Chain: 1/145
Artwork made by Cabbaccino.
Check out my trade Shop, I'm buying Shiny Pokémon for my Shiny Living dex! My first field has free Pokémon, just drop me a PM with who you want!
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
grandmaster.pngb+.png
I think an item like this would be great for allowing a Pokemon to be happy in a field that would normally decrease its happiness. Sometimes when I set up a field I wanna make a scene with a theme...but if a Pokemon's unhappy in it because of the field type I have to either not include the Pokemon in that scene or move the whole thing to a neutral field, losing the backdrop. I'm pretty sure there are ways to get around this, probably with CSS, but a) I still don't know how to do that and b) half the point of making fields with themes is sharing them so others can enjoy them as well.
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
MächäTeä's AvatarMächäTeä
ultra.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by LegoLuigi

I'm honestly surprised that the Soothe Bell hasn't already been a thing. I hope this gets approved cuz raising happiness is a real pain, especially considering how it is much easier to do so in the official games.
I agree & support this! I think it would be a nice addition. Though, I would understand why it wouldn't be implemented. Because the item isn't really neccasary if you understand. But overall, if it was added i would use it a lot and it would come in handy in a lot of cases.
Username Change: mtro1903->MachaTea
I AM A CHICKEN
  • Credits
  • About Me
._.
Name: Mai Pronouns: She/Her Current Hunt: None! Permission To Use Noivern Sprite Given By Sei

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page