PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Genderless Legendaries

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
retiredstaff.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
I would really like some way to hatch legendaries as genderless again, either as an on/off option or an item or something. I have weird preferences and prefer them as genderless, especially since they're so rare, I would like them to not be the "wrong" gender in my mind. Of course this wouldn't effect legends that are normally gendered in the games. Im not suggesting the ability to change genders of already hatched legends. I don't think this would really unbalance anything since it's really an aesthetic thing, and genders of legendaries don't particuarly matter gameplay-wise. I'm interested to see if anyone else would also appreciate a feature like this. Disscussion on how this could be implemented is more than welcome. I'm not good at imagining game mechanics very well.
summon_kyu.png100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
ShadowMetaru's AvatarShadowMetaru
ace.pnge+.png
I definitely support this, but I don't think a "Show Pokémon as genderless" or similar box would be that bad even for already hatched legendaries. I imagine that the only options would be original gender (male or female) and genderless, and making it genderless wouldn't help in breeding, only make it impossible until the box was unchecked if it would affect it at all. (Almost none of them can breed to begin with, but...) I also feel like most of them are simply above the "female/male" separation. In game canon there would only be one of each, and it wouldn't be able to breed, so it would make sense for it to be genderless. And correct me if I'm wrong, but not counting the one or few exceptions, there is really no reason for them to have genders (and what I'm suggesting would make it so that you could change them back anyway). Maybe make it a key item that we have to buy, or an item (maybe a held/forme change one) that we have to buy one per legendary changed (with something other than Zonphan canisters preferably) or make it have a cooldown. Or just a simple free not-so-needed-but-wanted feature. I understand if adding it would be too bothersome, and I'm not saying it's a necessary feature, but it would be kind of nice.
♥Avatar made by Le Sansnom; not for public use, used with permission♥
PokecraftCat's AvatarPokecraftCat
champion.pngd.png
I'm not totally against this feature, but I am against it being permanently 'genderless only'. I actually kind or like the gendered legendaries, although I do feel like a few of them (coughcoughArceuscough) are beings that don't require genders. I'm trying to imagine how this would be used with trading now in place. Is the Pokémon "unlocked" when it is traded? If not, does the other person have a way of seeing what gender the Pokémon actually is?
Made by Kira the Cat for PokecraftCat Sprites from Spriters-Resource
g.pngDarkness and Light are intertwined in ways that nobody expects.m.png *Is There No Honor? RP Setup* Come check it out! It's new and accepting!
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
retiredstaff.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
Ok here's basically the two methods that are up in the air i guess: 1. If the genderless option is on, all your legends hatch as genderless. That would just be their actual gender. Trading would not change the gender 2. If the toggle is on, all legends appear to you to be genderless, regardless of actual gender. If you have it turned off, then you see the 'actual' gender. If trading to someone with the option off, they see the actual gender still. Not suggesting a permanent change to the gender of all legends on site, just an optional thing #1 makes the most sense i think
The problem here is that the idea of them being "genderless" stems over from 2 things - the game and ancient times. Ancient times are outdated, first and foremost - covering the easiest first :P As for "in-game"... Well. There's only one of them. So how are you able to horde numerous of the same legendary?

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page