PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Random Field Jumping

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Minxrod's AvatarMinxrod
champion.png
Go to Random Field Option in Fields Suggestion Summary: This idea is just that a 'random field' button be added to the fields page. It would, when clicked on, jump you to a random field. Not hidden fields or anything, just to a normal field. Positive points: Well, I notice this when I am clicking someone's fields and they have a few thousand Pokemon or something, but I tend to only click through some of the fields. This makes it so that certain Pokemon & fields to the back seem to be clicked less than others. If this suggestion was implemented, then at least SOME people who used it could help even the bias torwards the first few fields, by adding random jumps around, which would land at least some near the back [later fields like field 20 or 50] Negative points: It's kind of a small issue that can be remedied by user activiy in just clicking different fields in the field dropdown menu, which isn't really that hard. It may not be worth it; people might just not care at all and never use it anyways. Reason For Consideration: It would be more convienent and better than scrolling through around fifty or a hundred fields to choose one near the back. And it doesn't sound like an incredibly difficult thing to make, but I can't really say for sure on that.
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
arceus.pnga+.png
If you want to be honest, I don't understand the point in this nor do I understand the point you're trying to make about fields near the back?
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
Minxrod's AvatarMinxrod
champion.png

QUOTE originally posted by HowlingCat

If you want to be honest, I don't understand the point in this nor do I understand the point you're trying to make about fields near the back?
The idea was that it would help give the fields after the other fields more attention by enabling a more equal chance for them to be clicked. Like people with a lot of fields like around 100. I don't normally click four thousand Pokemon in a row, so some will be neglected if I don't reach them. Maybe this is just me who feels this way.
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
arceus.pnga+.png
I mean personally I don't see the point in it? This is not to say I'm really against the idea or anything. I think it's one of those things that I'm not really going to care about. I mean I suppose the best way to say this is the fact that a good chunk of the users (not implying everyone) usually tend to have the Pokemon they want clicked/viewed to be more important in the first couple of fields and any Pokemon they don't generally care about tend to be in the fields after that. There's also the whole 'random' field jumping. How would that work out? I mean will it jump you to a field that you already clicked some mons in? Will it not? It's hard to say all fields have a equal chance of them being click without considering that. Also, your post make it sound like that jumps will mostly focus on the back fields instead of throughout the fields. I know that's not what you're trying to say but thought I point that out. I mean..I don't honestly understand this suggestion. I understand you feel Pokemon in the back get clicked less but I don't think this is going to fix that. I'm neutral on this idea. I mean I see this being a thing but I don't know who would are going to use it.
Dorugamon's AvatarDorugamon
master.pnge+.png
Honestly, I think the current system is fine as it is. Reasons why I say that is; - As HowlingCat said, a good chunk of people place Pokèmon they want to level in the first fields. Quite a lot of people even label some fields as "level up" or "Wishforge" to imply those fields are most important to them, which, we already have the option to "jump to" by clicking the name of the field we're in and selecting that/those fields. - The move field option will make a return eventually, thus people will be able to rotate fields if they want/need to. - It's beneficial to the person interacting, and also possibly the person receiving the interactions to interact as much as you can. Why? Credits & Interaction points for the person interacting, experience for the person's Pokèmon that received the interactions. - The Pokèrus system works on number of interactions (each one counting as a "point" for the system to "raffle" Pokèrus) + luck, so if that person is infected with Pokèrus, and you're online when it is over, you already stand a good chance of getting infected with it yourself.
My avatar is Dorugamon from the movie "Digimon X-Evolution", ©Toei Animation.
I can't see any reason why this would really be used - when people click, a lot of the time they go through the sorted fields. That's what they're sorted for, after all - ease of clicking. So say we have the "random field"-button - it takes you to an unsorted field that you wouldn't click anyway. So you click it again and the same thing happens to occur. You have now just wasted 2 field-loads worth of time, where you could have literally just scrolled down the list of sorted+stacked Pokémon that people do tend to have more desire to click due to the ease that sorting+stacking allows. At the end of the day, people will click however much they want. That does mean going from "start" to "finish", "front" to "back", if you will. Therefore, if people want things to be noticed and possibly clicked more - they should have their "front"-fields be those ones they desire attention upon. Of course, I'm aware that this can't exactly be done right now... But when moving fields comes back, that's basically this problem solved. "Want things noticed? Put them at the front so that they're the first things that people see." Boom. Job done. As for the things at the back just getting less interactions overall, yeah - I get'cha. They will. But that's not really something we can do anything about without potentially inconveniencing the person who is clicking. The last thing you want to do is design something that is basically an inconvenience, right?

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page