PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite/Feature Feedback Forum Thread

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Unknownie's AvatarUnknownie
master.pngc.png
Suggestion Title: Sprite and Feature Feedback Threads Suggestion Summary: This would be 2 separate forum categories and would most likely be in the Discussion section. The sprite feedback category would involve users giving opinions and critique on sprites. Graphic staff could gain feedback from comments from fellow farmers. NOTE: Not for "This sprite is so pretty!" Posts would need to include pros and cons about a specific sprite(s). Edit: Since I partially agree adding these Feedback comments as an individual forum would be a bit too unnecessary, I also promote it as a possible thread. I'm just not sure what category it most be in. Most likely the Discussion category perhaps? Comments would be nice. The program feedback would involve users posting about certain programs or updates. Users can give their opinions and critique on new/old programs or features implemented. NOTE: Not for "I love this! It's so cool!" Posts would need to include the user's opinion on pros or cons of a certain feature(s). Positive points: Users can be more active in the Pokéfarm community with their opinions on new or existing sprites. Graphics Staff can get a grasp of what others think of their sprites. Users can be more active in the Pokéfarm community with their opinions on new or existing features. Niet can know what users like/dislike about certain things. By knowing the preferences of users, the recode can be further improved. For example: The new [insert Pokemon] sprite is beautiful! I like how elaborate the wings are and the color palette fits the pokemon perfectly. If the feet could be smaller and wing span be wider, then this sprite would be flawless! Comments can include feedback about specific features and has both pros and cons. Negative points: The Suggestions section exists for a reason. These two possible long-term discussion threads can be replaced by a user's suggestion on a sprite or feature. Users might be rude and start verbal fights in this discussion. Posts may get out of hand. People could spam the thread with useless posts and not any useful feedback. These discussion threads could be abused with rudeness. For example: This sprite is complete trash! Whoever made this sucks and should die. Comments can be very rude and have no value whatsoever. Reason For Consideration:There's been quite a bit of new sprites lately and on trainer card, people often write opinions on them. I've seen both sides. Some love a sprite, some hate a sprite. It's obvious that not everyone can be pleased because everyone has different tastes. But all of them could only write on their Trainer Card/ About Me/ Journal about these features/ sprites. Users with valuable ideas and critique can have a place for discussion. After all, this site is a community where everyone works together to improve or change something. I personally have a lot of thoughts on some sprites but there's not a category that fits that well for this kind of feedback I guess. The General Feedback thread could work but no one has posted there over a month. Plus, sprites should have their own place for critique. General is "too" general and a lot of posts there do not have any sentimental value to the site. Not long ago, Emmy started a thread for the Sylveon sprite and I thought I had similar and different feelings about the sprite too. If this is implemented, users can be much more outspoken about their ideas or suggestions on a sprite/feature. It would be awesome to have a place to see some possible criticism or interesting thoughts on anything on site. Thank you for reading! I appreciate your time and any comments on this suggestion.
Forever obsession with Will Herondale~ Always Sherlocked and Rose Tyler, the best companion a doctor could have.
master.pngc.png
Boop Any comments...?
candypeach's Avatarcandypeach
champion.pnge.png
I feel that most of the points in the negative section (pertaining to people being butts) apply to any kind of subforum and are also the reason we have forum mods, so I don't think they really count much against this specific suggestion. As for "there is already a suggestions forum", that doesn't give people a place to say what they like about the features / sprites without also saying something needs to be changed. I have not been paying much attention recently so forgive me if I'm way off base, but in my experience most feedback of new things / features / whatever happens on the thread that announces said new thing. This obviously doesn't apply for things that don't get an announcement, but would an additional feedback thread for sprites cover that? I'm always in support of giving more feedback but I'm wondering if, from an organizational standpoint, it's better to have feedback on updates be separate from the announcements of said updates. Do we have staff keep announcement threads locked and create a new thread in the feedback forum for every announcement thread, or do we let people make as many redundant threads about the topic as they want? So, sort-of support since I do like a way to give feedback on sprites / other unannounced updates (do non-sprite updates ever go unannounced?) but I'm not convinced that an entire subforum is necessary for it.
Screenshot from Final Fantasy XII
| Flight Rising | PF1
master.pngc.png
Bump, will change the suggestion a bit.
Rokon's AvatarRokon
master.pngs.png
I think a thread specifically for giving feedback on sprites would be cool. Maybe there could be a form that'd specify what you're reviewing and what you think the positive and negative points are. It'd help encourage people to actually post their thoughts over just kinda giving a vague word of it on their Trainer Card or whatever. As for features, they're just discussion on the thread for them (even if it's just the minor updates thread), so I don't think something else would be necessary.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
master.pngc.png
@ Colress, Thank you for your feedback! Barely any comments on this thread. I agree making an entire new category is a bit unnecessary and changed the content accordingly. I would change the title but apparently I can't...
master.pngc.png
I'm not receiving much commentary so I'm bumping it. I really would like some opinion from staff...
Alik's AvatarAlik
grandmaster.pngc+.png
I think this is an already considered suggestion...a while back a player made a note about some critique on the sylveon sprite when it changed, putting it here in the suggestions to give some insight to some changes that would better it and help smooth out the kinks, and as explained here by Garthic, there may be some idea or plans for a sprite feedback thread of some kind. Also there is a General Feedback thread for other things such as features or changes that the game has and all that good stuff. :3

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

We do lack something of an overall feedback forum, admittedly - though, in truth, the way our forums are currently handled (specifically forum IDs, I think? Been a while since it was last talked about w/ Niet and I'm not 100% on what they'd be called) kinda limits what we can do at the moment. I feel like a parrot saying this, but the recode should fix that ("Polly wanna cracker!") In short, don't worry about the ah... "misuse", as you put it - I'll talk to Niet and Sei and see if we can figure out something so we can have... probably not a "feedback forum" but a "sprite feedback" thread of some sort? "Sprite criticism" thread? I don't know. Something like that.
master.pngc.png
I'm bumping this so some staff will comment on this and put this in a category it belongs to. It's been over 2 months and I think it's been overlooked to be honest. I've seen lots of much more recent suggestions be either rejected or approved and this has had no attention. I'm not trying to hog attention, I just want this thread to be done...
Sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSei
retiredstaff.pnghypermode.pngmaster.pngc.png
We already have something similar to this planned, so look forward to it! :)

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page